Volantes ad Oceanum de industria! 
Все права защищены © 2022

Башня Ворденклиф (англ. Wardenclyffe Tower, 1901–1917, также известная как Башня Теслы) — первая беспроводная телекоммуникационная башня, созданная Николой Теслой и предназначавшаяся для коммерческой трансатлантической телефонии, радиовещания, и демонстрации беспроводной передачи электроэнергии. Первые полномасштабные испытания башни-резонатора прошли 15 июня 1903 года ровно в полночь по местному времени. Башня была названа в честь Джеймса С. Вордена (James S. Warden), западного юриста и банкира, который приобрел землю для строительства башни в Шорехам, Лонг-Айленд, около 60 миль от Манхэттен. Здесь он построил курорт, известный как Ворденклифф-на-проливе (Wardenclyffe-On-Sound). Ворден считал, что строительство "всемирной системы" Теслы приведет к росту "Радио-города". Он предложил Тесле 200 акров (81 гектар) земли рядом с железной дорогой, на которой тот смог бы построить свою беспроводную телекоммуникационную башню и разместить лабораторию.

Материал из Википедии — свободной энциклопедии

 Wardenclyffe Tower (1901–1917), also known as the Tesla Tower, was an early wireless transmission station designed and built by Nikola Tesla in Shoreham, New York in 1901-1902. Tesla intended to transmit messages, telephony, and even facsimile images across the Atlantic to England and to ships at sea based on his theories of using the Earth to conduct the signals. His decision to scale up the facility and add his ideas of wireless power transmission to better compete with Guglielmo Marconi's radio based telegraph system was met with the project's primary backer, financier J. P. Morgan, refusing to fund the changes. Additional investment could not be found and the project was abandoned in 1906 and never became operational. In an attempt to satisfy Tesla's debts, the tower was demolished for scrap in 1917 and the property taken in foreclosure in 1922. For 50 years, Wardenclyffe was a processing facility producing photography supplies. Many buildings were added to the site and the land it occupies has been trimmed down to 16 acres (6.5 ha) but the original Stanford White designed 94 by 94 ft (29 by 29 m) brick building remains standing to this day. In the 1980s and 2000s, hazardous waste from the photographic era was cleaned up, and the site was sold and cleared for new development. A grassroots campaign to save the site succeeded in purchasing the property in 2013, with plans to build a future museum dedicated to Nikola Tesla.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia